What is the time zone of Kazakhstan?
Kazakhstan has two time zones being the Western and Eastern Kazakhstan Time zone. The country is not observing daylight savings so the clock is the same all year round.
Divisions of West Kazakhstan, Atyrau, Mangghystau, Qysylorda and Aqtobe
- Western Kazakhstan Time +5:00 UTC (ahead)
also called Aqtobe Time (AQTT) or Oral Time (ORAT)
All other divisions
- Eastern Kazakhstan Time:+6:00 UTC (ahead)
also called Alma-Ata Time (ALMT)
Time of neighboring countries
These are the times differences if you travel outside of Kazakhstan.
To Uzbekistan: You will enter the Uzbekistan Time zone +5:00 UTC:
- When crossing the border from the western divisions of Mangghystau, Qysylorda and Aqtobe there is no time difference
- When crossing the border from South-Kazakhstan the time difference will be +1:00 UTC (ahead)
To Kyrgyzstan: You will enter the Kyrgyzstan Time zone, but there is no time difference.
To Turkmenistan: You will enter the Turkmenistan Time zone, but there is no time difference.
To China: When crossing the border by land you will enter the China Standard Time zone, which is +2 hours ahead
- When crossing the northern border from the western divisions of West Kazakhstan and Aqtobe there is no time difference
- When crossing the border from Kostanay division the time difference is -1 hour (behind)
- When crossing the border from the northern divisions of North Kazakhstan and Pavlodar there is no time difference
- When crossing the north eastern border from East Kazakhstan division the time difference is +1 hour (ahead)
Kazakhstan Daylight Savings Time (DST)
There is no daylight savings time.
Other countries in Asia
You can check out information and maps of other Asian countries by clicking below links.
|+4.00 UTC||+4.30 UTC||+5.00 UTC||+5.30 UTC||+5.45 UTC||+6.00 UTC|
|+6.30 UTC||+7.00 UTC||+8.00 UTC||+9.00 UTC||+10.00 UTC|
|Myanmar||Cambodia||Brunei||East Timor||Papua New Guinea|
|Indonesia *||China||Indonesia *|
|Mongolia *||Indonesia *||North Korea|
|= multiple time zones||Taiwan|