What is the time zone of South Australia?
South Australia is in the Australian Central Time zone. The state is observing daylight savings so there are two different clocks depending on the time of the year.
- Australian Central Standard Time (ACST):+9:30 UTC (ahead)
- Australian Central Daylight Time (ACDT):+10:30 UTC (ahead)
Travel to neighboring provinces and countries
If you travel outside South Australia you might change time zones. But it really depends where and when you cross the border.
To Western Australia: You will enter the Australian Western Time zone
- October to April: -1:30 hour behind
- April to October: -2:30 hour behind
To Northern Territory: You will remain in the Australian Central Time zone, however there is a time difference due to daylight savings
- October to April: no time difference
- April to October: -1:00 hour behind
To Victoria: You will enter the Australian Eastern Time zone which is +0:30 hour ahead
To New South Wales: You will enter the Australian Eastern Time zone which is +0:30 hour ahead
To Queensland: You will enter the Australian Eastern Time zone
- October to April: +0:30 hour ahead
- April to October: -0:30 hour behind
South Australia Daylight Savings Time (DST)
There is no daylight savings.
Other Australian States and Territories
You can check out information and maps of other Australian States and Territories by clicking on the below links.