What is the time zone of Bolivia?
The country is in the Bolivia Time zone. All places including the capital Sucre have the same time, there are no exceptions. Bolivia is not observing daylight savings so the clock remains unchanged during the year.
- Bolivia Time (BOT):– 4:00 UTC (behind)
Time of neighboring islands and countries
You might change time zones when you travel outside Bolivia.
You will enter the Argentina Time zone which is +1 hour (ahead).
- Crossing the border with the Brazilian state Acre
You will enter the Acre Time zone which is -1 hour (behind).
- Crossing the border with any other Brazilian border state
You will enter the Brasilia Time zone, but there is no time difference
You will enter the Chile Time zone
- September to April: The time difference will be -1 hour (behind).
- April to September: There is no time difference as both countries are on -3:00 UTC (behind)
You will enter the Paraguay Time zone
- October to end-March: The time difference will be +1 hour (ahead).
- End-March to October: There is no time difference as Paraguay observes daylight savings
You will enter the Peru Time zone which is -1 hour (behind)
Bolivia Daylight Savings Time (DST)
There is no daylight savings time.
Other countries in South America
You can check out information and maps of other South American countries by clicking below links.