What is the time zone of Paraguay?
The country is in the Paraguay Time zone. All places including the capital Asuncion have the same time, there are no exceptions. Paraguay is observing daylight savings so there are two different clocks depending on the time of the year.
- Paraguay Time (PYT):– 4:00 UTC (behind)
- Paraguay Summer Time (PYST):– 3:00 UTC (behind)
Time of neighboring islands and countries
You might change time zones when you travel outside Paraguay.
- Crossing the border with the Brazilian state Mato Grosso do Sul
October to end-March: The time difference will be -1 hour (behind).
End-March to October: There is no time difference
- Crossing the border with the Brazilian state Parana
October to end-March: There is no time difference
End-March to October: The time difference will be +1 hour (ahead).
You will enter the Bolivia Time zone
- October to end-March: The time difference will be -1 hour (behind).
- End-March to October: There is no time difference
You will enter the Argentina Time zone
- October to end-March: There is no time difference
- End-March to October: The time difference will be +1 hour (ahead).
Paraguay Daylight Savings Time (DST)
It starts on the last Sunday in March and ends on the first Sunday in October. In March the clock is moved backward from 00.00 am to 23.00 am (so you will gain an hour of sleep during the night). While in October it’s reversed as the clock is moved forward from 23.00 am to 00.00 am and you will lose an extra hour of sleep.
Other countries in South America
You can check out information and maps of other South American countries by clicking below links.
|-5 UTC/GMT||-4 UTC/GMT||-3 UTC/GMT|
|Easter Island||Brazil *||Brazil *|