What is the time zone of Peru?
The country is in the Peru Time zone. All places including the capital Lima and the touristic places such as Cusco, Machu Pichu and Nazca have the same time, there are no exceptions. Peru is not observing daylight savings so the clock remains unchanged during the year.
- Peru Time (PET):– 5:00 UTC (behind)
Time of neighboring islands and countries
You might change time zones when you travel outside Peru.
- Crossing the border with the Brazilian state Acre
You will enter the Acre Time zone, but there is no time difference
- Crossing the border with the Brazilian state Amazonas
You will enter the Amazonas Time zone which is +1 hour (ahead).
You will enter the Colombia Time zone, but the time remains the same all year round
You will enter the Ecuador Time zone, but the time remains the same all year round
When travelling to Bolivia you will enter the Bolivia Time zone, which is +1 hour (ahead)
You will enter the Chili Time zone
- September to April: The time difference will be +2 hour (ahead).
- April to September: The time difference will be +1 hour (ahead).
Peru Daylight Savings Time (DST)
There is no daylight savings time.
Other countries in South America
You can check out information and maps of other South American countries by clicking below links.